mardi 10 mai 2011

Contemporary mola reverse appliqué art quilt

Today I'm not sewing, I'm packing. I'm sending a quilt to be photographed for a catalogue. You remember this mysterious post? Well, Ghost Plants has been selected to Artextures, an international exhibit which will tour Europe, and especially France, for two years. So now I can show it to you! I really enjoyed making this new quilt, and it's the first one of a new series.
I was starting this quilt during the Fukushima catastrophe, and I was wondering what was going to happen to nature in the years to come, therefore the title.


Aujourd'hui je ne couds pas, je fais un paquet. J'envoie un quilt qui sera photographié pour un catalogue. Vous vous souvenez de cet article mystérieux? Eh bien Ghost Plants a été sélectionné pour Artextures, une exposition internationale qui va tourner en Europe, et particulièrment en France, pendant deux ans. Alors je peux maintenant vous le montrer! J'ai eu beaucoup de plaisir à faire ce quilt, et c'est le premier d'une nouvelle série.
J'ai commencé ce quilt pendant la catastrophe de Fukushima, et je me suis demandé ce que deviendrait la nature à long terme, d'où le titre.

©Maryline Collioud-Robert
Ghost Plants, 2011,  87/74CM
Machine pieced and quilted




3 commentaires

On Instagram

© Mary & Patch. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.